Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Storm Is Coming

No, literally.  There's a big old storm blowing in tonight and tomorrow.  and Friday?  Holy crap.  between the snow and the single digit temperatures - well y'all can bet I won't be leaving the house on Friday.

But this isn't really a gripe email about the storm.  Let's face it, we didn't have much of a winter last year and this winter hasn't exactly been a top 10 worst of all time either (so far).  It's really an observation. not sure if this is a social media thing, or just an information overload thing, but i feel like we have been waiting on this storm forever.  I remember when it was supposed to be a 1-3 inch thing.  Then 2-4.  Then 3-6.  Now 6-10 with blizzard winds.

I remember trying out Twitter a few years ago.  I lasted a week.  It was information overload.  Too many things coming at me too fast.  This storm has the same feel to it.  all we are missing is Lonnie Quinn taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeves.  Then we will know we are in for it.

Why am I writing this?  Perhaps because it's post-New years.  I got to work early, because I plan on leaving early.  Shabbos doesn't stop for bad weather.  Neither does the morning meeting (though I hope it's cancelled - fingers crossed) I have scheduled in Brooklyn today.

So yes - a storm is definitely coming.  It's been coming for days now.  Then it passes and all we are left with is the clean-up.

Funny, sounds a lot like life.

3 comments: