Wednesday, October 24, 2012

There Are Only So Many Hours In A Day.....So How Does Anyone Get Anything Done????

When Mick Jagger sang "Time is on My Side", he proved two things:

1.  Being a rock star isn't a full time job; and

2.  He never HAD a full time job.

Either that or he was a lying sack of crap.

Because what I have been discovering since working full time is that - there are NOT enough hours in a day to accomplish everything that needs to get done.

This is neither a rant nor a complaint.  Let's make that clear up front.  I'm loving work.  I love learning about everything, I love the interactions with my office mates.  I love being a part of a wonderful machine that creates a process with a specific outcome. 

However, I can tell you that the laundry suffers.  And the cooking.  And the general cleaning.  My eating habits have become abysmal.  There simply isn't enough time.

We leave early.  it's a good thing I'm an insanely early riser so I can still get a workout in before.  We get home late, with a full day in the office in between.  It's exhilarating, stressful and tiring all rolled into awesome.

I'm tired a lot more than I used to be.  Now I think I understand why parents always look so damn exhausted.  Imagine they do this all day and then come home to a house full of rug rats. Yikes!

But what a ride!  I love being  apart of this.  Now excuse me - there's not enough time to keep writing!

3 comments:

  1. Life rule: you should never do laundry because you've run out of underwear or socks. If you don't have enough underwear/socks to last between your laundry cycles, then buy more.
    Only do laundry for important stuff, like shirts.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of my way, it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind.

    ReplyDelete