Monday, August 27, 2012

Is It Too Early For Post-Summer Blues?

Honestly, is there anything more depressing than watching to local weather-person, while showing us the 7-day forecast, make teasing references to "the last weekend of summer"?  Really?  That's what you want to make us feel bad about? The return of chilly-then cold-then freezing cold temperatures?  We are supposed to be excited about this?

The big Summer 2012 Vacation Extravaganza is over.  Yes it was awesome. Yes, it pretty much lived up to all my expectations.  Yes, I did all the things on my to-do list including taking a picture with my supposed look alike (I didn't see it), wear a straw cowboy hat for a day (I like them, sue me) and even dress up in the most gawdawful purple dress you have ever seen and posed for a photo (I lost a bet - long story) in Pennsylvania wine country (who knew there was one?).  I swam, rafted, hiked and outdoor cooked.  i rode scary roller-coasters and lounged in the sun.  It was perfect.

And now, over.  And reality is setting back in.  I have to start sending out my resume as my job search gets serious.  David's back at work (it was nice seeing him 24/7).  I have to food shop (my fridge is empty) and do other apartment things.  It's downright depressing.  Soon I'll be breaking out the sweaters and warm clothes.  How depressing.

So I have answered my own question - no, it is not too early.  I have the Post-Summer Blues during summer!

Now excuse me while I run outside to walk in the warmth and but a frozen coffee beverage to make myself feel better....

1 comment:

  1. it's never too early to pine for the past, no? but autumn is my favorite season, so i must admit that i'm looking forward, rather than back.

    ReplyDelete