Monday, November 7, 2011

In The Light

"And if you feel that you can't go on. And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong.
In the light you will find the road."


Faith.

I'm guessing it's a pretty cool thing to have.  The belief that there is something, someone out there watching over you.  Some unseen force that that serves to make your life better.

Faith.  Faith in God.  So many of you have this gift.  So many of you can see His magic in the smallest things.  In a random line written by a long dead rabbi.  In the sunrise.  You see it and it gives you inspiration.  It reinforces your comfort that every single thing is controlled by a (usually) benevolent force that keeps the train on track.
"Oh, did you ever believe that I could leave you, standing out in the cold
I know how it feels 'cause I have slipped through to the very depths of my soul."


This benevolent being that you have - you have the faith to believe in.  And it gets you through the rough times and the bad times and is reinforces by the good times.


"Now listen to me.
Oh, whoa, as I was and really would be for you, too, honey
As you would for me, oh, I would share your load.
Let me share your load."

So what do I have?  What do I believe in?  A very small number, very select group of, people.  Friends, certain family members.  People who, over time, have proven themselves to really be there when needed.And when you have those people, you would do anyhthng for them.  You would share their load.  Their hopes, their fears, their dreams.  And through the sharing of these burdens, I sometimes find the inspiration, the Light, that others have so eloquently blogged about.  The light those lucky ones find in a commentary, in a sunrise - I find it in a shared laugh with Tova or the embrace of my love.

Because:

"In the light
Everybody needs the light.
In the light, in the light, in the light."

Where does your inspiration come from?  Is it your faith?  Your friends?  Family?  Some other inspiration?  The truth is that a life without the Light is empty.  It lacks direction or meaning.  And eventually it will make you hollow. 

And the other truth?  A life with SOME light but lacking the light of faith - it will also lack a sense of completion.

So you who have the Light - I envy you.  I seek your Light but as of yet I've found only small bits and pieces - much of those simply reflecting off of you to begin with. 

So I will continue to look - in the Light.

1 comment:

  1. Searching for the Light is hard work, but very much worth it, even the bits and pieces. :)

    ReplyDelete