Friday, July 29, 2011

Happiness is Nnamdi Asomugha

Last night, I busted out of work at exactly 5:00 on the dot.  I drove out to the city.  David was making dinner!!  Mmmmm David.  I mean dinner.

David "grilled" up some chick breasts on the George Foreman and he tossed a salad.  (What can I say, the guy is a regular Bobby Flay.)  He also opened a bottle of wine.  He even had candles on the table.  I can honestly say it was the nicest date I've ever been on (excluding, of course, our wonderful date in Miami that he ruined at the end).

Afterwards, we hung out on the couch and talked.  This was interrupted every 5 seconds by David refreshing his browser on his phone to see if his beloved New York Jets football team had gotten a new player with the most unpronounceable name since a non Jew tried to say "Yitzchak".  It was explained to me, in extremely painful detail, that getting Nnamdi Asomugha (yes, that is not a misprint, that is the man's name!!!) would be the most awesome thing ever.  Ever?  I asked dubiously.  Ever, came the certain reply.  So there you have it, getting Nnamdi Asomugha is the most awesome thing ever.

And while this conversation was taking place, it occurred to me how...well how damn happy I am.  Here I am, sitting on a couch talking to a guy about a subject I could care less about (though I do LOVE Friday Night Lights which is also kinda sorta about football - I say DO love because even though the show is over, I have not yet watched the fifth and final season, something that will be changing next week.  I love you Tim Riggins.) and I'm just thrilled to death about it.

Of course, the idea of being so happy is slightly terrifying.  After all, y'all know my motto - Winter is Coming.  I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I live in perpetual fear of good things in my life falling apart.

But maybe, just maybe, if I have him, I can survive winter after all.

1 comment:

  1. aw, you're lucky to have him. Enjoy him while it lasts
    Its a very poetic thing to believe "that happiness fleets" "good things don't last" but dont let it worry you down
    enjoying ur stories as always

    ReplyDelete