Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Random Thoughts of a Sick-Addled Mind

 - I slept 14 straight hours yesterday afternoon through last night.  Haven't done that since my first trip to Israel - was so jet-lagged on the way home that I slept 14 hours a night for three straight nights.  This time it's lil' bit more worrysome.  The truth is that if my doc suggests a stay at the hospital, I might take him up on it.

 - Thank you random cable movies, books and Game of Thrones for helping me pass some very long days. 

 - NO thank you to my brother who made me sit through a reality show called River Monsters, in which a British guy with an awesome accent tries to catch really big fish.  Um, no thank you?

 - Thank you to Lil Sis and her mom who came by for a surprise visit on Memorial Day!!  Totally lifted my spirits.  (And even though she's gonna blush, let's all give Lil' Sis a big round of applause for really working her ass off in school this semester and, hopefully, kicking ass on her tests. - And Kudos of course to her awesome English  tutor - yours truly!!  GO SIS)

 - Thanks to everyone's great ideas about how to avoid nausea and to eat more.  I decided to go with a more tried and true method - I'm going to bath in gasoline and then light myself on fire.  At least it will take my mind off the food.

 - Boo to Blogger Spellcheck - which doesn't work half the time.  What's UP with that?  And please note THAT'S why there will be spelling errors in this post.

 - Thanks to Tova for tantalizing me and lifting my spirits with the promise of a 2-girl road trip at the end of August!! (Assuming I'm still alive in August and/or weigh more that 65 pounds).  Please send me your awesome suggestions for a 2-girl road trip.  Please note that if it involves (i) sleeping under the stars without a skylight being involved, (ii) catching my own meals, (iii) cold weather clothes during the day, (iv) a drive of more than, say, 500 miles, or (v) creepy towns where single women often disappear - then i'm NOT interested.  Extra bonus if you direct us to a place with cute, eligible guys (who do not make women disappear).

 - Thanks to you, dear readers, for caring. Although I do not know any of you, I do so appreciate knowing that you all seem to care about my well-being.  Fear not, I am quite sure I have at least a 75% chance of recovering.  :)   In that event, I can once again start writing about all the OTHER aspects of my crazy life.

 - For all of those who are wondering.  I am avoiding dealing with the David Issue like the Bubonic Plague.  Why, you ask?  Simple.  First off, I do NOT have the emotional strength to deal with it right now.  And the truth is, the longer I avoid the issue, the longer he and I speak.  even if it's about nonsense and stupidity.  Is that terrible?  Yes.  Do I care?  No.

 - I received my first inhaler this week - it helps with the wheezing and stuff the cough has developed.  I feel bad for you asthmatics, I had no idea how AWFUL that stuff tastes.


 - I am running out of random thoughts.  Which is funny.  My brain is so random. 

22 comments:

  1. You can drive up to New England (i'm guessing you're in the 'tri-state area' so it's really not far) Mystic, CT has outlet mall, aquarium.... Newport, RI has mansions to tour, boats to rent... Providence has frum people (if you need to stay over shabbos- no restaurants though)....Boston has more touristy stuff, kosher restaurants (like 2), you can even go as far as Salem to check out the witch trials...Portland Maine has more water activities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game of Thrones....please tell me you're reading the books and not just watching the show....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The taste of the asthma inhalers really bothers u? As a former asthmatic, I never minded it.

    Here are a few road trips i did in previous summers which have been amazing; Minnesota. Like S. paul, and Minneapolis, there really is a lot to do there.
    Then there is driving up to Canada and enjoying Niagara Falls.
    But the one which stole the cake was Colorado. There is a ton to do. Starting with The Royal Gorge, moving on to The Winter Park Resort, to just a ton of other random things to do in that great state. It is a really awesome place to get away to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stam - good suggestions

    Colloq - I found the show first, i'm embarrased to say. However i WILL read the books now

    Prof - Dude, Colorado isnt a road trip - unless you live in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  5. from Cali its like 14 hours, from NY itll take u some two days, not thaat long, and totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um Chicago, duh! You'll definitely have a ton of fun there, especially because it is the "corrupt" city, as you like to call it. You can enjoy Navy Pier, a REAL beach, Willis Tower, tons of educational and fun museums, incredible malls (like Gurnee Mill, Old Orchard, and outlet malls), Six Flags...and you can drive up to Indiana/Milwalkee/Wisconsin and check out the Jelly Belly Factory and Miller Beer Factory. Oh yeah, and don't forget about Millenium Park featuring your favorite and famous (cholent) bean! There's also the Air & Water show around then and probably the Pepsi Summer Bash. You really ought to consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicago? I toured it a few years back, had a fun time, but now the city is broke! The city just announced theyre cancelling their forth of july fireworks, how can u go to a place like that?;pp

    ReplyDelete
  8. frummy - chicago sounds wonderful - don't liosten to Prof. After all, any city that has a self hating jew like Rahm Emanuel as its mayor has gotta be awesome. Not to mention Rod Blajovic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BTW - I was JOKING. Chicago rules!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. U forgot to mention a great baseball team like the Cubbies. what is it now, 102 years since a world series?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah yes, a baseball reference!! Prof you have proven you have a pair of cojones

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, as a Dodger fan, I got every right to make fun of them Cubbies. it was the Dodgers who SWEPT them in the playoffs, making it an 100 year drought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mazal tov - you must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I was. Especially since they lost to the Dodgers the next year as well. But hey, how can you not make fun of a team that hasnt won in over 100 years because of a GOAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um - Chicagoan here...

    The city is fine; it's not broke. If you want to see broke, go to Detroit - it's a real Escape from New York state of affairs there...

    Plenty of stuff to do here - music is good. Food is good (unless you keep kosher) :(
    I wouldn't advise driving to Indiana or Wisconsin - unless you want to see Mars Cheese Castle or visit Gary,IN, murder capital of the US...

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're in Chicago area, make sure to check out The House on The Rock in Wisconsin. It's awesome-o!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hear the cheese is also pretty good around St Tropez... maybe a nice Saint Marcellin

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Hey Chicago, whadya say...the Cubs are gonna win today!" Mark my words Prof, one day you'll be biting your tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ya, the Cubs will eventually win. Figure that the curse of the Bambino lasted 86 years, and that was one guy. The curse of the goat you have both the angry goat, and the angry owner, so figure at least double the years, making it 172. Minus off the 102 ears already 'missed', so you got some 70 years left. You may as well become a white sox fan, or root for the new team thatll someday come to Porto Rico, theyll prob. have their first world series b4 the Cubs do:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. gonna agree with stam- i love the boston area (never made it to providence though)
    How about places in Virginia on the coast, its beautiful, usually quiet, and a nice slow-paced southern lifestyle

    ReplyDelete